Posted by : Deepak Vasudevan Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Conflicting Behavior of Internet Explorer Manage AddOns Dialog

The other day, I was checking email in a shared Internet Cafe in airport. I had a piquant issue with the web browser (Internet Explorer 6) which had its flash ActiveX damaged and frequently Internet Explorer kept throwing an illegal operation and was getting closed. Since I normally do a CTRL+N from one Internet Explorer, all the Internet Explorer windows were getting closed.

I hence chose to watch Tools -> Manage Addons and have the Shockwave Flash disabled for a while. When I clicked 'Disable' radio button, Internet Explorer warned me that I needed to close all Internet Explorer windows for the changes to take effect. But I just went ahead browsing the websites. And interestingly, the disable action was indeed in effect without restarting the web browser since, I was getting the baloon tip that a website requires flash and it is currently disabled.

I just thought of sharing this interesting conflicting behavior of Internet Explorer from browsing perspective and also from Manage AddOns settings dialogs angle.

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Labels

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Lavanya Deepak -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -