Posted by : Deepak Vasudevan Monday, October 18, 2010
Just had an opportunity to upgrade my Internet Explorer to IE 9 on Windows 7 box.
Initial set of observations:
- Good to have a seamless install after completing the updates.
- But the long black screen indicating ‘Applying updates …’ which appears frozen for a few moments makes one feel scary.
- A choice that is thrown to the user to allow disabling addOns alongwith indicating the time taken for addon looks positive and good.
- Missing Pieces: WhatBrowser.org still does not recognize IE9:
- Too much affinity to Bing is not advisable. I still prefer to use Google for its reliability and its safe-searching results.
- I still don’t see a good spell checker integrated to IE 9.