Microsoft India initiates Law Scholarships
Microsoft India opens up the avenue of the nationwide rollout of law scholarship programme for eleven Indian law colleges along with felicitiations for the first top three law scholars. The programme is being instituted as part of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Microsoft India and National Academy of Legal Studies and Research University (NALSAR), Hyderabad.
'Fostering innovation and creating a strong IPR environment is even more critical for a country like India to take giant leap to be a knowledge based economy,' said Nancy Anderson, deputy general counsel, Microsoft Corporation.
The top three scholarship winners for this year are:
- Maheswari S
- Santosh Krishnan
- Nandini R
The currently selected beneficiary law institutions of the nation are:
- National Law Institute,
- National Law School of India, Bangalore
- Gujarat National Law University
- ILS Law College of Pune
- Maharishi Dayanand University of Rohtak
- Himachal Pradesh University
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Delhi University
- Banaras Hindu University.
Source Courtesy: ZdNet India