Microsoft Security Summit
While casually browsing through Microsoft India events page, I came to know of the Microsoft Security Summit 2007 that is being planned to be organized in many of the cities of India during November - December 2007.
The URL of the Summit is http://www.microsoft.com/india/security/ss-dev.aspx
The Date and Time along with the venue of the summit for the different cities are as follows:
- 21st November, 2007 Grand Hyatt, Mumbai
- 23rd November, 2007 Taj Blue Diamond, Pune
- 6th December, 2007 Taj Bengal, Kolkata
- 14th December, 2007 The Park, Chennai
- Software Developers
- Project Managers
- To learn about the different security threats that an application need to worry about.
- A brief about Software Development LifeCycle
- Understanding the challenges and how Microsoft is trying to address them.
- Make this an interactive platform where feedback can be shared with Microsoft on its Security initiatives.
You can also contact the event managers for further details regarding the registration at securitysummit (at) erfolgcs.com.
I also checked out another weblog post on this topic by Praveen Kumar D, just now which mentions about a few promotional offers that were announced. But I could not find on the Security SSDEV page URL that I have mentioned above. The offers, as mentioned by Praveen are:
- The first 200 to register at the venue can walk away with a FREE copy of "The security development lifecycle" by Michael Howard (worth INR 395).
- Certification Discount Vouchers. The limited period Second Shot Offer provides upto 25 per cent discount on certification exams in addition to a second shot exam at no cost.
Visit http://www.inbox.com/email to find out more!