Good Handshake -- Professional and Smooth Relationship Building
Be it a congrats giving or a business meet, the professional gesture is to give handshake with the other party. In Chennai, I have encountered people, who resort to handshake in a hurry without even caring a moment for it. Handshake is not just about shaking of hands. It is almost like a rhythmic musical note and needs to be followed religiously and helps the parties to develop good rapport and build evergreen eternal and long-lasting mutually beneficial relationships.
Just thought, I would do a brief research and compile a few tips on what makes a good handshake.
- Ensure that you have a firm eye contact with the other party. Pictures worth thousands of words and eyes draw millions of pictures per second. Let your eye convey your good intentions and wishes first.
- Smile comfortably. It makes you and your other party greatly comfortable.
- Have as much firm grip epicentered from your thumb of your left hand while giving your handshake. But ensure that the the firmness does not cross the line of control of being uncomfortably strong and squeezing.
- The shaking gesture should be preferably up and down and not swinging back and forth.
- A few prefer short durations and others long durations. If you have watched national ambassadors meeting, they prefer long durations. Be compatible with other parties' gestures.