Drupal -- Effective Free OpenSource Content Management Solution
The other day, one of my managers who was working with me in my previous organization (Sasidharan Chinnaraj), who is currently working with iSoft PLC, wanted some tipoff or pointers towards some good content management solutions for his colleague, possibly an academic project I guess. Together we did some research and homed in Drupal Community Plumbing Content Management Solution.
Just wanted to summarize a few things about Drupal so that other interested persons would be benefitted.
- Simpler but powerful Content Management Solution to install and maintain
- Opensource and hence a cheaper but powerful option for small enterprises and non-profit organizations also to take advantage of a good content management solutions.
- Powerful User Authentication Module.
- The native engine itself is pretty fast.
- Builtin Blogger API support
- Unique multiple database support.
- Good discussion forum module (if we need to use one)
- Web-based Administration.
Perhaps you can refer this one to a friend who is also looking for good and cost-effective content management solution.