- Back to Home »
- Building Lexical Resilence In the Web Applications
Building Lexical Resilence In the Web Applications
The power of a Word processor lies in the rich lexicographical companionship that it lends to the user. With a seamless experience of web platform complimenting desktop experience and sprawling Web 2.0 applications, the demand of a comprehensive desktop on the Web is ever increasing.
Sometime last week, I was looking out for a spell checking stuff. A search in Google revealed using Microsoft Word. We would now analyse step-by-step in each of the possible solution and problems surrounding the same.
- Cross Browser Compatibility: Since Microsoft Word requires ActiveX Controls and browsers other than Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows can not recognize them.
- Serverside Automation: The next solution we can try is to automate Microsoft Word on the serverside and use AJAX to communicate between the server and the web browser. Again there are the following issues surrounding the same.
- Trying out StarOffice, we almost invite the same issues.
- Open Source
- Comprehensive Examples in Perl, PHP and C++
- Suggestion Dictionary
- Richer DHTML Interface